15 Jan Verfied Gross Mass Requirements Being Monitored
The MO42 requires shippers to ensure that the actual gross mass of each container is equal to the gross mass declared in the cargo information supplied to the master of the vessel.
It’s imperative to note that there are only two methods considered acceptable when verifying the gross mass of a container:
- Weighing the packed container using calibrated and certified equipment; or
- Weighing all packages and cargo items (including the mass of pallets, dunnage and other securing material to be packed in the container) and adding the tare mass of the container to the sum of the single masses.
- They are aware of which method of verification/weighing has been applied;
- There is evidence that the equipment used is certified and calibrated as required; and
- That confirmation of meeting the requirements of the relevant legislation is done.
Rachael Budd & The Transolve Global Team