19 Aug DAWE: New Packing Declaration Format
The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment (DAWE) have implemented a new Packing Declaration format, effective from the 2nd of August 2021.
Documentation for goods exported to Australia on or after 2nd August must meet the revised policy requirements.
Moving forward, the old format Packing Declaration will no longer be acceptable. Therefore it is essential that you inform your suppliers/packers of the changes to the required format for the packing declaration.
WHAT ARE THE NEW REQUIREMENTS?
The updates to the new packing declaration are minor and listed below. These are mandatory as of 2nd August 2021.
- All Packing Declarations must be on a letterhead including a full street address. PO Boxes are not acceptable.
- Added wording to the signatory requirements at the bottom of the declaration (as per below).
- Any Annual Packing Declaration or Packing Declaration created and sent after 2nd August 2021 must have the change of name for the department as highlighted below in yellow.
ARE THERE ANY EXCEPTIONS?
- Packing declarations dated prior to 2nd August will be acceptable as per previous format until 31st October 2021.
- Annual Packing Declarations issued prior to 2nd August 2021 and valid for 12 months will be accepted.
- Click here to access the Revised Minimum Documentary & Import Declaration Requirements Policy.
- Click here to access the new acceptable documentation templates.
If you have any further queries, please contact our team.
Rachael Budd & The Transolve Global Team